|Family Night can be Made Fun and Healthy with DIY Shrimp Tacos!|
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 package (16 ounces) frozen pepper and onion stir-fry mix
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 pound already-cooked-and-peeled shrimp
8 small (6-inch) low-carb whole wheat tortillas (La Tortilla Factory
Salt and black pepper to taste
Cooking Spray, Olive oil flavored
Shredded lettuce, generously applied
Chopped Avocado, ¼ per person
Greek Yogurt, plain, 2 tablespoons per person
Shredded Mozzarella, 1 tablespoon per person
Picante Sauce, 2 – 4 tablespoons per person
1. Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add oil. Heat over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
3. Add frozen pepper and onion stir-fry mix and raise heat to high.
4. Add cumin and chili powder and stir well.
5. Cook until vegetables have thawed, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Add shrimp and cook until just heated through, about 2 minutes.
7. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and heat in oven until warmed through.
8. Remove shrimp mixture from heat and season with salt and pepper.
9. Place shrimp mixture in a bowl with a serving spoon. Place all toppings in their own individual bowls with their own serving spoons. Place tortillas on a plate. Arrange everything in the middle of the table so everyone can serve themselves.
Serves 4; 2 tortillas per person.
To complete the meal, serve with the Lip Smacking Frozen Fruit Salad.