DIY Super Simple Shrimp-Filled Soft Tacos--A Kid-Friendly Recipe
September 18, 2015
|Family Night can be Made Fun and Healthy with DIY Shrimp Tacos!|
Do-it-Yourself meals are super fun and easy to do. Put all the toppings and the shrimp mixture in bowls with spoons so each person can pick and choose the rainbow of colors they want to include on their tacos. Keep the tacos warm by keeping them covered with the foil on a plate at the table next to the toppings. Sammie and Sax love taco night…and so does Rhubarb!
Ingredients~1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 package (16 ounces) frozen pepper and onion stir-fry mix
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 pound already-cooked-and-peeled shrimp
8 small (6-inch) low-carb whole wheat tortillas (La Tortilla Factory
Salt and black pepper to taste
Cooking Spray, Olive oil flavored
Shredded lettuce, generously applied
Chopped Avocado, ¼ per person
Greek Yogurt, plain, 2 tablespoons per person
Shredded Mozzarella, 1 tablespoon per person
Picante Sauce, 2 – 4 tablespoons per person
1. Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add oil. Heat over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
3. Add frozen pepper and onion stir-fry mix and raise heat to high.
4. Add cumin and chili powder and stir well.
5. Cook until vegetables have thawed, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Add shrimp and cook until just heated through, about 2 minutes.
7. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and heat in oven until warmed through.
8. Remove shrimp mixture from heat and season with salt and pepper.
9. Place shrimp mixture in a bowl with a serving spoon. Place all toppings in their own individual bowls with their own serving spoons. Place tortillas on a plate. Arrange everything in the middle of the table so everyone can serve themselves.
Serves 4; 2 tortillas per person.
To complete the meal, serve with the Lip Smacking Frozen Fruit Salad.
SEPTEMBER KIDLIGA SPECIAL PRICING TO HELP KIDS LIVE HEALTHY
During September, all month long, as part of raising awareness for National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month we are offering our Kidliga children’s dishware at a significant savings ($29.99 instead of $59.95/comes with an award winning book) and each time you buy a set of Kidliga we are donating a set to a child participating in a healthy lifestyle and nutrition program. This way each time you buy you are doubling the number of kids you are helping live a healthy life.