The month of September is all about raising awareness regarding childhood obesity and supporting children learning about living a healthy lifestyle (see information below). Part of learning about health is learning about healthy eating. The best way to do that is to participate in cooking. Kids can make the best chefs because they are curious, eager to try new things and best of all, they love to share!
Sammie’s Sensational Egg Cups
(Choose which combinations of flavors you would like to include in your egg cups. Below are three tasty options.)
- 1 ½ cups egg (6 eggs), whisked (whole, egg beaters or egg whites)
- 12 Muffin Tin Liners
- Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- ⅛ cup LivSpoon
|LivSpoons make it so easy to mix and match right-sized ingredients|
- Tip 1: Whisk all egg types. The egg will rise better.
- Tip 2: Whole eggs rise best and are most easily removed from the liners.
- Tip 3: Careful what fruit or vegetable you use. If they have two much water/moisture in them they won’t bake well.
- Tip 4: Spray muffin tins in addition to liners for easy clean up.